MTSU closing Wednesday due to snow

Photo by Sarah Grace Taylor // Managing Editor

MTSU will close Wednesday due to the winter weather that hit Middle Tennessee this week, according to university president Sidney McPhee.

“We’re about to send text that will close Wednesday for students and staff. Stay safe. Study!” McPhee tweeted at 10:15 p.m. Tuesday.

All classes and university events will be cancelled due to the closing. All MTSU offices will be closed, except those vital to public safety and on-campus residents. Vital service employees are urged to contact their supervisors if they do not feel comfortable travelling to campus in the inclement conditions.

McPhee also advised students to stay up to date with closing information at MTSU’s alert page.

The closing follows a delayed start for the campus on Tuesday, with the university opening at 9:30 a.m. However, snow continued to fall throughout the day, and temperatures will continue to stay below freezing on Wednesday, according to the Weather Channel.

Follow John Connor Coulston on Twitter at @JCCoulston.

To contact News Editor Amanda Freuler, email newseditor@mtsusidelines.com