The Block to host Boro Fondo fundraiser Saturday

By Jeremy Stinson // Contributing Writer

Boro Fondo Festival will be hosting Boro Fondo Blocko Bazaaro: Arts Fair and Flea Market Fundraiser at local restaurant and music venue The Block, starting at 8 a.m. this Saturday. The event is to raise money for the festival so it can remain free and open to all who choose to attend.

For those who may not know, Boro Fondo is an annual biking and music festival held in Murfreesboro where artists and participants travel from house to house over a three-day period to see performances and other types of art. This year the festival will be held April 22 – 24.

This fundraiser is on the concept of bazaar, a market found in Middle Eastern countries that sells goods, typically for charity. Much like this concept, there is nothing typical about Boro Fondo or The Block, so there will be unique spin put on the event.

There will be flea market peddlers, performing artists and antiquers all in the parking lot adjacent to The Block. So far these booths will include wire wraps, jewelry, live record cutting, rod and reel repair, recycled art, novelties, henna and a photo booth — only to name a few.

Live music by local bands will take place all day long in the grassy area by the murals. The bands consist of Mouth Reader, JACK, Apathy Wizards, Blue Matches, Pace House, The Django Riders, Genie Child of God, Megan Swindler Music, and even yoga hosted by Murfreesboro’s own Mothyards. The night will end with a dance party with music provided by Dope Accidentals Productions.

You can donate items if you so choose to support Boro Fondo by giving any item of your choice to the Boro Fondo Bazaar Booth. It will be acting as the Fondo’s “Goodwill” center. All proceeds from this booth will go directly to Boro Fondo and the remaining items will be donated to the local Domestic Violence Center and Homeless Shelters.

For more events and updates, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter/Instagram at @Sidelines_Life.

To contact Lifestyles editor Tanner Dedmon email lifestyles@mtsusidelines.com.