MTSU hires Director of Partnerships and Strategic Planning

Story by Loren Bebensee | Photo courtesy of MTSU News and Media Relations

MTSU’s Office of University Advancement has hired alumna Paula Mansfield as the new Director of Partnerships and Strategic Planning to build MTSU’s connection with businesses and local industries.

As Director of Partnerships and Strategic Planning, she will help companies with research projects, recruiting students, student-led projects, technology commercialization, consulting faculty, workforce development, utilizing campus facilities and problem solving.

According to a press release, Mansfield has three decades of “relationship building” experience in the financial services industry including her time as an executive with First Tennessee Bank. While at First Tennessee Bank, Mansfield worked with clients in businesses such as legal, manufacturing, and entrepreneurial.

Joe Bales, Vice President for University Advancement, said in the press release that Mansfield’s previous work experience makes her “the ideal candidate” for this position.

“While we’ve long been the primary provider of B.S.-degreed graduates for the Midstate’s workforce, creating this new emphasis on strategic partnerships and business relationships will better showcase our ability to support applied research and employee education and development,” Bales said in the release.

Mansfield said in the press release that she became interested in the position due to “the potential to create a roadmap where industry and the university could intersect for mutual gain.”

Through her position, Mansfield seeks to establish university partnerships and relationships with industries that will lead to funding through research grants, donations, sponsorships and employment opportunities for MTSU students.

“I feel like I’m probably going to be one of the biggest advocates for the students on campus,” Mansfield said in the press release. “They are our talent and that’s what employers want access to, our top talent.”

To contact News Editor Amanda Freuler, email newseditor@mtsusidelines.com.