The Greenway Art Festival showcased local artists this weekend

Photo by Jamie Cooley | Assistant Lifestyles Editor

Story by Christian Sinclair | Contributing writer and Jamie Cooley | Assistant Lifestyles Editor.

The Greenway Art Festival was held in Murfreesboro this Saturday.

About 74 Middle Tennessee artists showcased their different types of art, ranging from steel art to digital art. There were many booths set up along the Greenway Trail off of Old Fort Parkway.

All of the artwork and jewelry that was on display was hand-crafted by each artist.

Brenda Clayton creates her own soaps that are made out of goat’s milk. She works in her garage, cooking the milk and adding natural ingredients with fragrance.

A digital artwork booth by Cody Hale, an MTSU alumnus, was set up on the trail.

“The art festival was started to give back to the community,” says Melinda Tate, who is the Greenway Program Coordinator.

A certain percentage of the profit made from the artists’ work is given to the park.

Multiple food trucks were available while live music was performed by Larry Pinkerton, the Coteries, and The Todd London Jazz Trio.

To contact Lifestyles Editor Olivia Ladd email lifestyles@mtsusidelines.com.