The Country Column: March 24

Photo Courtesy of Sprint Center

Story by Tayhlor Stephenson / Staff Writer

In case you missed anything in the country music world this week, your weekly country music news recap is here:

Tim McGraw and Faith Hill, the king and queen of country music, recently announced that they will soon release a joint album via Sony Music Entertainment later in 2017. But wait, it gets better: fans can enjoy the couple’s brand new collaborative single “Speak to a Girl” in the meantime. The first single from their album was just released yesterday, so if you haven’t listened to it yet, get to it! After all, you’ll want to know the lyrics before April 2 when McGraw and Hill will perform the single for the first time at the 2017 ACM Awards.

The couple are currently sharing their music on the road on their Soul2Soul world tour. The dynamic duo will perform Nashville’s Bridgestone Arena August 4 and 5.

Bobby Bones brings his standup tour to TPAC April 22. (Photo courtesy of 989wolf.com)

Bobby Bones of The Bobby Bones Show is bringing his “Funny & Alone” Stand Up Comedy Tour to Nashville. The show will take place at TPAC on April 22, and tickets went on sale today.

Bones, along with the show’s digital content producer Eddie, also debuted The Raging Idiots latest parody “Flask” live Wednesday morning on “The Bobby Bones Show.” The song is based on Luke Bryan’s “Fast,” and its hilarious lyrics do not disappoint.

Listen here.

Meanwhile, Bones’ girlfriend, Lindsay Ell, has plenty to celebrate herself. The

Lindsay Ell’s aptly named EP “Worth the Wait” finally arrived this week. (Photo courtesy of LindsayEll.com)

singer-songwriter and wicked guitarist finally released her new EP “Worth the Wait” today via Stoney Creek Records. Conveniently named, her debut album has been in the making for some time now, but fans waited patiently for the music that was promised to be worth it. Ell announced her EP news one week prior with a tweet that said, “The time has come…I am finally getting to release a bunch of new songs!! ONE week from today. I promise it’s going to be #worththewait.” Leading up to the long-awaited release date, Ell took to twitter to tease fans with daily sneak peeks of her new music. She also invited fans to her EP release show, free of charge, at Nashville’s The Back Corner on Thursday.

And a cool note: Ell’s album was produced by Sugarland’s Kristian Bush.

Fan came to know Raelynn on Season 2 of The Voice, but now she’s got a brand new album out today. (Photo courtesy of Wideopencountry.com)

Speaking of album releases, another majorly anticipated one belongs to the one and only RaeLynn. Starting today, her album “WildHorse” is now available, via Warner Music Records, for purchase.

RaeLynn was initially introduced to fans on Season 2 of The Voice when she turned two chairs with her rendition of the Pistol Annies “Hell on Heels.” Blake Shelton and Adam Levine both fought for the 17-year-old, but she ultimately went with Team Blake. Although she didn’t make it to the show’s finale, she did make her way to the big stage under Shelton’s wing. RaeLynn recently completed her time on the road with Shelton on his Doing It to Country Songs Tour, and hopefully new music means many tours to come.

Check back next Friday for more country music news!

To contact Lifestyles Editor Marissa Gaston email lifestyles@mtsusidelines.com.