Country Column: 4/7

Photo Courtesy of  The Boot

Story by Tayhlor Stephenson / Staff Writer

In case you missed anything in the country music world this week, your weekly country music news recap is right here:

Alan Jackson was recently named among others as one of the newest inductees to be added to the honorable list of country acts that comprise the Country Music Hall of Fame in Nashville, Tennessee.

Fans of Jackson immediately expressed their approval and congratulated the award-winning country artist via Twitter.

@sheryllstevens1 tweeted, “What an amazing honor for such an amazing man. You are so very deserving. Congratulations!!!”

Twitter user @PehmD, another Jackson fan, tweeted, “So proud of you!!!! You have always been in my hall of fame;).”

While Don Schlitz, a songwriter, was also added to the list of honorees, the late country music singer Jerry Reed was inducted to the Veterans category of the Country Music Hall of Fame.

Carrie Underwood embarked on a four-day cruise as part of Carnival’s live concert series. (Photo courtesy of Travel Pulse)

Carrie Underwood hopped aboard the Carnival Imagination this past Tuesday to set sail on a four-day cruise with her fans. She did so on behalf of Carnival Cruise Line’s LIVE concert series, which has previously featured Tim McGraw and will soon feature Little Big Town in May.

While docked in Catalina Island, Underwood performed for almost 2,000 people in the ship’s Dynasty Lounge. She shared her open-water experience on Instagram with a collage of pictures.

Joey Feek’s album was posthumously re-released to honor her life and career Friday. (Photo courtesy of YouTube)

“If Not For You,” the album by the late Joey Feek of Joey+Rory is now available, as of today. Feek’s husband of 14 years produced the album alongside Bill McDermott.

The album actually debuted in 2005, but it was only available for purchase for a limited time. In a final tribute to the beloved country music singer-songwriter, Feek’s collection of 12 songs was re-released to the public.

Joey died at age 40 in early 2016 due to cervical cancer.
Check back next Friday for more country music news!

To contact Lifestyles Editor Marissa Gaston email lifestyles@mtsusidelines.com.

For more updates, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter/Instagram at @Sidelines_Life.