Soccer: Three Blue Raiders receive All-Conference honors

Photo by Brent Beerends / MT Athletics Communications

With the regular season wrapped up and the Conference USA Tournament looming, the C-USA league office announced its award winners and all-conference team selections on Tuesday. Sydney Navarro, Cameron Cox and Peyton DePriest were all honored for the Blue Raiders.

It should come as no surprise that the freshman phenom DePriest was recognized, as the Franklin native was selected to the All-Conference Second-Team and the All-Freshman Team. DePriest was also named C-USA’s Freshman of the Year.

During her freshman season, DePriest was a catalyst for the Blue Raiders and has helped them reach the C-USA tournament for the first time since 2015. She led the Blue Raiders in goals with 13 and points with 29.

DePriest is not only the leader the in points and goals in the conference, but she is also tied for first in goals as a freshman in the entire country.

Coming off her sophomore campaign, Navarro was selected to Third-Team All-Conference in 2016. This year, the Claremont, California, native moved up to Second-Team All-Conference after her best season in Murfreesboro yet. The defender was rock solid for the Blue Raiders this year, and showed that she could contribute on the offensive side by scoring two goals.

For Cox, she capped off her career with the Blue Raiders by being named to the Third-Team All-Conference. The senior from Roswell, Georgia, has been a mainstay in the Middle Tennessee midfield for the past several seasons, starting 61 straight games and playing in the past 73.

Cox was looked upon by her team this year to be a leader on the field and calm in the clutch. In an overtime game with FIU this season, Cox facilitated her first assist that turned into the game-winner.

Navarro, Cox and DePriest will lead the Blue Raiders into the C-USA Tournament on Wednesday, Nov. 1 at 3:30 p.m. when they face North Texas.