Crime: Murfreesboro Police respond to reports of rape, kidnapping, theft at College Grove Apartments

Photo by Eric Goodwin / MTSU Sidelines Archive

Murfreesboro Police responded to reports of rape, kidnapping and theft at College Grove Apartments on Wednesday at approximately 5:15 a.m.

Upon arrival, officers made contact with a man, who stated that a female friend of his had stolen his medication. The man said that he picked up his friend in Shelbyville on Monday evening, and the two “hung out.” Both subjects had dinner that night, and the woman stayed at the man’s apartment at College Grove on Tuesday while he was at work, according to the man. When the man returned on Tuesday evening, the woman had cleaned his apartment, and the two had dinner again. When the man woke up and went to take his medication, he said that he found that several pills were missing. He told police that he confronted the woman about the missing pills, and she said she needed to use the restroom. When she went into the restroom, the man said that he heard her purse rustling and opened to door to find her clutching a napkin with four pills inside. The man then said that he told the woman that he would be calling the police about the theft.

Police then made contact with the woman. She stated that the man had drugged her repeatedly since Monday evening. She also told police that, while she was drugged, the man raped her several times. The woman said that the man drugged her in order to take advantage of her. The criminal investigation department then responded and took over the investigation. The woman was taken to Saint Thomas Rutherford Hospital to have a rape kit completed, and the man drove himself to the police station to have an interview with an MPD detective.