Nashville Fashion Week launch party prepares for 2020

Story and Photos by Veronica Prigmore

On Wednesday November 13, the Nashville Fashion Week kick-started its 10th anniversary with an energetic launch party at the Analog at the Hutton Hotel on West End Avenue. Fashion Week is held once a year in the spring, and over 75 different events are already planned for Nashville’s 2020 fashion week. 

Members from the fashion community mingled in their finest winter ensembles ( an eclectic assortment of fur coats, metallic embroidered jackets, snake-skin boots and stylish hats) while the DJ played up-beat funk music as they all waited in anticipation to hear exclusive news about improvements and accomplishments being made in Nashville’s fashion community. 

Around 6 pm, the host welcomed guests to the party, which was held at the same location as the first party 10 years ago. Guests were informed about upcoming events scheduled for the next few months. The co-founders of Nashville’s Fashion Forward Fund were proud to announce that over 1.3 million dollars was invested back into the fashion community. 

Next year’s Fashion Week theme was announced as “We are Nashville Fashion.” The theme was chosen to add diversity and inclusion for all individuals in an industry that is known for a lack of diversity. Nashville’s Fashion Week joined the movement to tackle the challenges faced in the industry. 

AMAX Talent, a local modeling agency, has increased its efforts to add diversity to Nashville’s Fashion Week. Ginny Edwards Maxwell, the scouting director from AMAX Talent, announced that all ages and sizes are needed for the 2020 model search to be successful.

Megan Prange was chosen as the recipient of the 2019 Nashville Fashion Forward Fund. She worked as a freelance pattern maker before she opened her own manufacturing company. Prange has helped various designers bring their ideas to life from the sketch to the design process. Prange Apparel was created to push out products faster when the product is in high demand. She shared her story with the guests and talked about the future opportunities this fund gives her to strengthen her business.

MTSU’s fashion merchandising professor Dr. Jasmin Kwon said, “Since Nashville is so close to MTSU, I hope to bring students closer to Nashville’s fashion week with internships, career development opportunities, jobs and to stay connected with the real field.”

Ninon Jouvan, an MTSU junior exchange from France said, “I wanted to get involved with fashion and business. I have been to New York and Paris fashion week. People are much nicer in Tennessee than in New York or Paris.” 

After the announcements, the party continued with selfies, a touch screen photo booth, and the chance to try on name brand outfits from local designers such as Eric Adler and Rank and Sugar.

To contact Lifestyles Editor Brandon Black, email lifestyles@mtsusidelines.com.

For more updates, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter at @Sidelines_Life.