Nashville wrestlers ring in another match

Featured photo by Matthew Olson

Story by Matthew Olson

If you want more news like this, sign up for the Sidelines weekly newsletter here! Find it in your inbox every Thursday afternoon.

Titans of the ring prepared to face off in a professional wrestling match at the National Guard armory hosted by Nashville Wrestling Network, USA Wrestling Officials Assocation and Southern All-Star Wrestling.

Competitors make grand entrances in an electrifying atmosphere of the arena, astonishing a roaring crowd. Bells ring signaling the start of each match. The crowd anticipates a night of confidence, charisma, and testaments of strength. They are fully immersed in the event.

The night was full of the wrestlers high-flying maneuvers and submitting their rivals. There were seven matches total for the evening.

The night began as the room took a moment to stand for the national anthem and then the roaring crowd was ready to rumble.

The Announcer set the stage as the wrestlers entered with showmanship and just as easily “one…two…three…” like the referee signals at the end of each match.

USWOA belt holders David young and Adam Jacobs from Georgia have been wrestling have been wrestling for over 20 years, about as long as AJ Styles and others with NWA Wildside have during the late 80s through early 2000s.

Heavy weight boxing legend Eric “ButterBean” Esch was also at the event for a meet and greet. He autographed show flyers, and the audience also had a chance to take pictures with him in the ring during intermission.

Retired wrestler Debbie Combs made an appearance as well and spoke before Kasie Clay and Mercy began their match promoted by the Professional Girl Wrestling Association.

Retired Memphis wrestling legend Tony Falk also made an honorable appearance. LT Faulk, the son of Tony Falk, competed himself.

It was announced that they would be returning to the National Guard armory on June 21.

The event was recorded, and footage is posted to the Nashville Wrestling Networks website and YouTube page.

To contact Lifestyles Editor Destiny Mizell and Assistant Lifestyles Editor Shamani Salahuddin, email lifestyles@mtsusidelines.com. For more news, visit www.mtsusidelines.com, or follow us on Instagram at MTSUSidelines or on X at @MTSUSidelines.