Posts in category

Community

Photo via MTSU Charles Lowe is the third and last candidate to be interviewed in an open campus forum in the Sam H. Ingram building on Middle Tennessee State University on Monday at 11:00 a.m. “I’d like to start off by saying that university policing is my actual chosen profession,” said Lowe, who has been …

Photo via MTSU Middle Tennessee State University has had a food pantry for students since 2012. Now donations are needed due to an increase of students in crisis as a result of COVID-19. Laura Clippard, International Fellowships and Honors College Coordinator, stated via email, “I am told that many MTSU students now face greater housing …

Photo via Pexels President Sidney McPhee has announced via email that masks will again be required inside university facilities. Due to increased positive COVID-19 cases with the Delta variant, the Centers for Disease Control has responded by announcing new guidelines to help slow the spread. “In keeping with these recommendations, effective Wednesday, August 11, we …

On Tuesday, two students of Middle Tennessee State University were charged and arrested for a variety of crimes. According to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigations, “Rutherford County Grand Jury returned indictments charging Mohamed Gure, [22], with one count of Theft over $60,000, one count of Theft over $10,000, 30 counts of Forgery, and two counts …

The House passed the $1.9 trillion economic stimulus plan on Wednesday after revisions by the Senate. President Joe Biden is expected to sign it on Friday, which will start the process of sending direct payments of around $1,400 to American citizens, expanding child tax credit and extending a $300 weekly unemployment supplement. According to the …

After Middle Tennessee State University officials became suspicious of MTSU students Mohamed Gure and Mohamed Osman, an investigation determined they stole $114,145 from the University, according to News 4 Nashville. During the investigation led by Tennessee Comptroller’s Office and the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, it was discovered that Gore and Osman had been submitting false …