President McPhee accepts ALS Ice Bucket Challenge

President Sidney McPhee accepted the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge at the Blue Raiders vs. Tigers game Saturday night after answering the challenge from Murfreesboro Mayor Shane McFarland.

The Ice Bucket Challenge, which has raised over $100 million in the last month, according to Forbes, was started by the ALS Association to raise money for research for the disease commonly known as Lou Gehrig’s Disease. The challenge drew in support from millions of Facebook viewers and celebrities.

During the game last night, McPhee came onto the field and was dumped with an ice cold bucket of water in the middle of the pouring rain. The crowd watched from the stands as he laughed and took the water, already sopping wet from the storm that caused a delay before the game even began. Andrew George, SGA President, had the honor of dumping the bucket on the university president.

He challenged Murfreesboro City School’s chief Linda Gilbert and Rutherford County School’s chief Don Odom to take the ice bucket challenge.

For more MTSU Campus news, follow us on www.mtsusidelines.com and on Twitter at @Sidelines_News or on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines.

To contact news editors Daniel Jansouzian and Max Smith, email newseditor@mtsusidelines.com

Previous Starting Strong: Blue Raiders Best the Tigers 61-7
Next Blue Raider Soccer Opener Ends in Draw against Crimson Tide