Nashville Fashion Week Showcases Accessories as Art

By Ashley Rhoden // Contributing Writer

On Wednesday night at The Cordelle in Nashville, Nashville Fashion Week had something both special and unusual planned. In past Fashion Weeks, the crew made an effort to have runway shows every night of the week. This year, they chose to organize the week-long event to be of greater interest to people in the art community.

Accessory designers Bone Feather, Seraphine, Margaret Ellis, Fanny and June, Shutters and Shuttles, Rinjuel and Peter Nappi were all featured Wednesday night. Upon entering the venue, there was a large dance floor to the left and a long, elaborately decorated dinner table to the right.

In between glistening wine glasses, silverware and giant vases of colorful bouquets were accessories on dinner plates acting as the “main course” of the evening. It gave a whole new meaning to the term “fashion plate.”

Seraphine’s designs seemed to be the crowd’s favorite pieces of the night. She featured several silver and gold-plated cocktail rings, bangles and cuffs that appeared to be cut out of crystals. Seraphine is known to have worked with Gweneth Paltrow, Kristen Bell and other A-List celebrities. Prices for Seraphine’s designs start at $110.

Other designers showcased items such as shoes, bags and even textiles. From eco-chic to impossibly dapper, the table full of goodies had something for everyone.

The attendees of the exhibit were anything but ordinary, with many dangling an “All Access” ticket lanyards around their necks. In the spirit of celebrating fashion, men and women pulled out the boldest pieces from their wardrobes in hopes of fitting in by standing out. This time, even the lanyards matched as a bold piece, with some crazy designs that you could also see provided by the likes of this lanyard Singapore company or elsewhere that can supply event lanyards.

Follow Samantha Hearn on Instagram at @sammyhearn or Twitter at @SamanthaHearn

For updates from Nashville Fashion Week follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter/Instagram at @Sidelines_Life.

To contact Lifestyles editor John Connor Coulston, email lifestyles@mtsusidelines.com