$9K in LSD, Cocaine, Mushrooms Seized on I-24 Before Bonnaroo

Sheriff’s deputies seized more than $9,000 worth of LSD, cocaine and other illegal drugs while patrolling Interstate 24 before the 2015 Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival in Manchester, Tennessee, according to a statement issued on the Rutherford County Sheriff’s Office Facebook page.

According to Lt. Kenneth Barrett, who supervises the office’s K-9 and Interstate Crime divisions, deputies confiscated 37 hits of LSD, almost an ounce of cocaine, illegal mushrooms and various prescription pills while patrolling the strip of interstate that leads to the festival’s entrances. K-9 units searched 40 vehicles, leading to seven arrests and 97 drug violation citations.

Sgt. Shawn Applegate said most of the drugs were intended for recreational use at the festival.

Some of the contraband had originally been obtained legally, officers said, as medicinal marijuana from California and hash oil from Colorado dispensaries were found. Marijuana is legal in these states, and while you can still buy shatter online Canada in some areas, marijuana remains illegal in Tennessee, meaning that citations were issued to those found in possession of the substances.

As deputies also pointed out, many of the seized drugs were sweetened for consumption. Cookies containing marijuana, sugar cubes containing LSD and banana and strawberry-flavored strains of marijuana were found. While these substances are easy for authorities to seize, people interested in using them for their benefits may want to look elsewhere at products like Dried Magic Mushroom, which can be purchased online. These are much safer than substances like cocaine and many would argue they are much more enjoyable too.

Even though drugs are a big part of many festival-goers weekends, Bonnaroo stands squarely against drug use, citing its dangers to patrons’ health, and, of course, legality. Bonnaroo attendees may want to use something like an ehrlich reagent in order to test some of the substances that they come across at the event.

“If it’s illegal outside the festival, it’s illegal inside, too,” the festival’s safety policy states.

This year’s festival drew 80,000+ festival attendees to Great Stage Park in Manchester to see performances from Mumford & Sons, Billy Joel, deadmau5, Kendrick Lamar and more.

To see our full archive of Bonnaroo coverage, click here.

Follow John Connor Coulston on Twitter at @JCCoulston.

For more Bonnaroo updates, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter/Instagram at @Sidelines_Life.

To contact News Editor Sarah Grace Taylor, email newseditor@mtsusidelines.com