Man arrested for aggravated assault with a firearm and unlawful possession of a weapon

A man was arrested at 411 East Sevier St. on Thursday under charges of aggravated assault with a firearm and unlawful possession of a weapon, according to Murfreesboro Police.

Travis Johnson, 23, approached the victim as he was walking home and attempted to sell him a handgun. The victim said he did not have the money and walked with Johnson back to his apartment, where he reportedly reached into his waistband as if to retrieve the gun.

The victim fled into his apartment, and Johnson began banging on the door with the gun but left the scene. The victim notified police of this incident.

Police then received another call from the victim, stating that the subject who had tried to sell him the gun had returned, entered the apartment and locked the residents outside.

Police ordered the subjects out of the apartment and the weapon was found nearby.

A field interview sheet was completed on the subject who accompanied Johnson, however, he was not arrested.

For more community news, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter at @MTSUSidelines.

To contact news editor Sarah Grace Taylor, email newseditor@mtsusidelines.com.

Previous 'American Horror Story: Hotel' premiere | 'Checking In' ups the ante
Next Saturday Morning Farmers Market charms historic Murfreesboro Square