Crime Stoppers seeking tipster to give reward

The MTSU Crime Stoppers are actively pursuing a tipster to reward them for an indictment made from their report and encourage the tipster to speak up. Crime Stoppers released the following statement Thursday morning:

Back on August 11th of this year, MTSU Crime Stoppers released a campus wide e-mail alert seeking the campus community’s help in identifying a subject who had been involved in some burglaries to and thefts from offices on campus.

“The campus community responded and called in several tips,” says MTSU Crime Stoppers Board member Travis Smith.

“The information Crime Stoppers received helped detectives with the university police department to obtain a Grand Jury Indictment on the person pictured in this alert,” says Detective Captain Jason Wofford with the MTSU Police Department.

“Dharmeshbh Patel recently turned himself in and the warrant was served,” adds Capt. Wofford.

“Since an arrest has been made in this case, the reward has been issued,” says Smith, “we just need the tipster to call 615-893-7867 to make arrangements to collect it.”

If you have any information about a misdemeanor crime that has been committed on property owned by MTSU or a felony crime committed within Rutherford County, please feel free to call Crime Stoppers at 615-893-7867 (STOP). And no, these crimes do not have to have already been reported to the police.

For more campus news follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines

To contact News editor Sarah Grace Taylor email newseditor@mtsusidelines.com

Previous Warm heads and hearts this winter with Love Your Melon - MTSU Crew
Next Middle Tennessee bounces back to beat South Alabama 68-55