Three arrested after armed robbery, assault at MTSU

Three people were arrested for their alleged roles in an armed robbery and assault at MTSU late Thursday night.

Police found the suspects later that night after at least two of them attempted to rob a female student at gunpoint at Womack Lane Apartments. The suspects allegedly later bound, robbed and assaulted a group of students in a separate apartment.

The suspects were identified as Quintenshay Shannon, 24, Jamarces Watson, 19, and Kenterius Turner, 19.

The victim was at her vehicle when two men approached her and demanded her purse. One of the assailants had a firearm.

The victim then led the men to her friend’s apartment where they forced their way inside and allegedly bound them with tape, assaulted some of them and robbed them.

Police detained two men who matched the descriptions given of the suspects. A third man was later detained and taken into custody as well.

Shannon was charged with aggravated robbery and evading arrest.

Watson was charged with six counts of assault and separate counts of armed robbery, vandalism, evading arrest and the introduction of contraband into a penal institution.

Turner was accused of criminal conspiracy to commit armed robbery.

For more campus news, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter at @Sidelines_News.

To contact News Editor Amanda Freuler, email newseditor@mtsusidelines.com