‘RuPaul’s Drag Race’ season 10 lineup reveals 2 contestants from Tennessee

Photo courtesy of VH1

RuPaul finally announced the new lineup of drag queens that will compete in season 10 of “RuPaul’s Drag Race.” Fans flocked to the internet to see if any of the queens they’ve been following made the cut.

Because there are drag queens all over America,  choosing a favorite difficult. However, this season there will be two contestants that hail from Tennessee, and who doesn’t love to root for someone from their home state? 

Kameron Michaels is the first drag queen to come from Nashville. Michaels works at Lucy Pop Salon during the day, and at night, the performer takes the stage as a “muscle queen” at Play, a dance-bar in Nashville. 

Michaels  is planning on breaking the mold of what a drag queen should look like. With her chiseled, Adonis-like body and pretty face, she plans on showing the world that you don’t have to be small and dainty to be a great drag queen.

“People tell me I can’t do drag because I have muscles,” Michaels explains in a “Meet the Queens” video featured on VH1. “So being a muscle queen means that I’m kinda crossing over those boundaries.”

The 31-year-old also wants to  show that muscles aren’t the only thing she can bring to the table. Michaels mixes old and new drag  techniques to craft her look into something completely unique — she’s a true chameleon. With over 100 thousand followers on Instagram and her merchandise selling at a rapid speed, it’s apparent that Michaels is already a fan favorite.

This won’t be the first time Michaels has competed in a drag competition, though. In 2016 she competed in a Nashville Pride Pageant, in which she placed second. 

Though Michaels is the first queen to come on the show from Nashville, she isn’t the first from Tennessee.

Eureka O’Hara, 27, from Johnson City, Tennessee, is back again to fight for the crown. O’Hara competed last season, and her iconic jokes were a major highlight. Unfortunately, the performer had to leave the competition early due to an injury from a cheerleading-skit challenge. Now she’s back with renewed confidence and a feisty attitude.

“Before, I was doing drag how I was taught and now, with the validation and love from people around me, I am starting doing drag how I want to,” said O’Hara in her “Meet the Queens” interview.

Fans get a glimpse of that transformation, because O’Hara looks completely different from last season. The queen’s new look consists of dark clothing, bright pink hair and edgier makeup. Now, she looks like a evil twin compared to her light pink ensemble that she wore on the first episode of last season — and it’s working for her.

With her growing fan-base and a schedule booked with tours around the country, O’Hara appears to be blossoming and ready to bring all of her growth to the competition.

Each queen brings something different to the competition, and if there’s one place where individuality truly makes a difference, it’s this show. Get ready to “gag” and scream at the screen, because RuPaul and the queens assure everyone that this will be a season to remember.

The show airs March 22 at 7 p.m. and is going to be a whopping 90 minutes.