A Halloween playlist for all the ghouls and gals

October 31 is almost here and what better way to celebrate than with a playlist of our favorite Halloween tracks.

Our playlist of playful and scary tunes is the perfect soundtrack for trick-or-treating or hanging out in graveyard – whichever you prefer:

“Thriller” by Michael Jackson

No better way to start off a Halloween playlist than with the King of Pop’s magnum opus. Complete with a Vincent Price voiceover, a zombie filled music video and an irresistible groove; you can’t go wrong with “Thriller.”

“Alive” by Kid Cudi & Ratatat

With lyrics about Kid Cudi turning into a “lone wolf” every night over eerie production by Ratatat, this hip-hop track will be sure to set the mood for any Halloween party.

“Bark at the Moon” by Ozzy Osbourne

If you’re looking to unleash your inner beast this Hallow’s Eve, look no further than Ozzy’s riff heavy werewolf tale.

“Monsters” by Matchbook Romance

While some may only recall this song from Guitar Hero III, “Monsters” is a track that is as catchy as it is creepy. The unsettling guitar riff sets the tone for lyrics about the scariest monsters of all – the ones inside our heads.

“Monster Mash” by Bobby “Boris” Pickett

No Halloween playlist is complete without the original holiday hit. “Monster Mash” has
been a favorite for over fifty years and will be for many years to come.

“This is Halloween” by Danny Elfman

Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas features a fantastic score that made even the jolliest holiday scary. The track featured in the opening sequence, which sees the residents of Halloween Town celebrating their signature holiday, is a must for the season of ghouls and goblins.

“Boogie Woogie Wu” by Insane Clown Posse

While the ICP are far from critical darlings, the unsettling sound of “Boogie Woogie Wu” can’t be denied. The clowns deliver a cut straight from a child’s nightmare.

“Living Dead Girl” by Rob Zombie

If there’s one artist that epitomizes the esthetic of Halloween, it’s Rob Zombie. While almost any cut from his catalogue would suffice for this playlist, “Living Dead Girl” features some of his most disconcerting imagery.

“Time Warp” by the cast of The Rocky Horror Picture Show

With its cult classic status, The Rocky Horror Picture Show still thrills fans every Halloween season. One of its most memorable moments comes with “Time Warp.” It exemplifies the film’s creepy, eccentric nature all while being set to a dance routine. After all, “It’s just a jump to the left…”

“For Whom the Bell Tolls” by Metallica

Last but certainly not least, we have this classic Metallica cut. Besides the horrific war imagery based on the Ernest Hemingway novel of the same name, the song’s opening guitar riff alone sends a chill down one’s spine.

To listen to our Halloween via Spotify, click here.