Capital Cities set to headline Live the Green

By John Connor Coulston

Lifestyles Editor

Synthpop duo Capital Cities will take the Live on the Green stage Thursday night as the concert series third week headliner.

The group, known for their 2013 hit “Safe and Sound,” will follow the two previous weekly headliners, The Head and the Heart and City and Colour, by closing out Lightning 100’s third show in the 2014 LOTG series at Public Square Park in Nashville.

This will be Capital Cites’ fourth show in Middle Tennessee in less than a year, following a November 2013 performance at Marathon Music Works, a well-received set at the Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival in Manchester and an opening slot on Katy Perry’s “The Prismatic World” tour, which stopped at Bridgestone Arena on June 27.

The band’s set is scheduled for 9:15 p.m. and is expected to primarily feature material from their 2013 album In a Tidal Wave of Mystery.

The duo will be supported by Nashville acts The Features and All Them Witches. All Them Witches, who describe their sound as “Psychedelta Blues,” will start off the evening with a set at 6:15 p.m. The Features, an indie rock band originally from Sparta, Tenn., are scheduled to play at 7:30 p.m. and will be supporting their 2013 self-titled release.

The concert will preface the series’ final week which will culminate with a three-day festival Sept. 4 through 6 featuring performances by Cage the Elephant, Jake Bugg, The Wild Feathers and more.

As always, Live on the Green performances are free to the public with VIP tickets available to purchase. For more information on the festival, visit their website at www.liveonthegreen.com

For more updates and galleries on Live on the Green, follow us here at MTSUSidelines.com, or on Facebook and Twitter at MTSU Sidelines and @Sidelines_Life.

Email Lifestyles editor John Connor Coulston at lifestyles@mtsusidelines.com