Alpha Chi Omega Sisters Report Harassing Messages

Members of the Alpha Chi Omega sorority received several harassing text messages and Facebook messages on Saturday and Sunday, September 27-28,  according to an MTSU campus police report.

Two members of the sorority told police that the unwanted messages began early Saturday morning through Facebook messages to more than 25 sisters, including alumni, pledge sisters and active members, followed by texts to their cell phones. Two of the victims reported the harassment on Sunday night.

The messages asked members to help the sender assault their ex-boyfriend and for phone numbers or places they could meet. According to the report, the sorority members repeatedly asked to leave the sisters alone.

The victims advised police that the person had identified themselves as different members of the sorority when asked.

The victims believe they person had gained access to the sorority members’ Facebook pages during their recruitment, when many members accept all friend requests. Many of the sisters involved had their phone numbers available on social media, according to the report.

For more campus news, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter at @Sidelines_News.

To contact news editors Max Smith and Meagan White, email newseditor@mtsusidelines.com