MTSU Alumnus Juanita Thouin announces plans to run for city council

MTSU alumnus and past features editor for Sidelines Juanita Thouin (pronounced THOO’-ihn) has announced that she will be running for a seat on the Murfreesboro City Council.

The election to fill the seat formerly occupied by Toby Gilley will be held during the general election on November the fourth.

Though she has not been previously involved in local politics, Thouin said in a press release that she is prepared to bring fresh ideas into the City Council. Thouin spoke at the League of Women’s Voters’ candidates’ forum, held on September 30th.

“I first learned about the League of Women Voters as a teenager, when someone I babysat for was a member of the league. No single group does more to impartially inform voters than does this fine organization,” Thouin said.

Thouin is a member of the Society of Professional Journalists and the Middle Tennessee Association of Realtors, as well as a former Bible study fellowship discussion leader. She and her husband, Mark Thouin, are the parents of three children and grandparents of ten grandchildren.

More information on Thouin is available through her website at www.vote4juanita.com, or by liking her Facebook page at www.facebook.com/vote4juanita. She can also be reached via email at vote4juanita@gmail.com.

For more community news, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter at @Sidelines_News

To contact news editors Max Smith and Meagan White, email newseditor@mtsusidelines.com