Fantasy Football Waiver Wire Pickups: Week 10

Quarterbacks:

Kyle Orton, QB Buffalo Bills, 8.4 percent owned (ESPN): Since taking over as the starter in Week five, Kyle Orton has been a relatively consistent fantasy quarterback. The former Purdue Boilermaker has thrown for 1,128 yards and nine touchdowns, while only tossing three interceptions.

Orton was red hot in Week eight, as he threw for 238 yards and four touchdowns. The Bills are coming off a bye week, which has given receivers like Sammy Watkins and Marquise Goodwin some time to recuperate.

The Bills will be playing a great defense this week as the Chiefs travel to Buffalo, but look for Orton and his young group of receivers to find ways to make plays.

Other options: Blake Bortles (JAX) and Zach Mettenberger (TEN)

Running Backs:

Antone Smith, RB Atlanta Falcons, 19.9 percent owned (ESPN): After suffering a neck stinger against the Detroit Lions, running back Antone Smith looks poised to return in Week 10 after a bye week.

The NFL journeyman has only carried the ball 19 times this year, but has racked up 141 yards and two touchdowns.

Smith has also been highly effective in the passing game, catching 12 passes for 219 yards and three touchdowns.

Smith should breakout against a susceptible Tampa Bay defense, as the Buccaneers are giving up the second-most rushing yards in the NFL this season.

Smith may be able to expose a weak defense, and should score at least one touchdown on the day.

Bobby Rainey, RB Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 42.7 percent owned (ESPN): Doug Martin has been one of the biggest disappointments of the 2014 season. Martin has only averaged 2.9 yards per carry and scored one touchdown, as the running back has been battling injuries all season.

Enter Bobby Rainey.

The former Western Kentucky Hilltopper has rushed for 374 yards and caught 23 passes for 214 yards while scoring two total touchdowns this season. Rainey has established himself as the lead back for the Bucs, at least while Martin continues to recover from his injury woes.

Rainey is playing an awful run defense this week in the Atlanta Falcons.

While the Falcons did route the Buccaneers the last time the two teams met, Atlanta has more than cooled off since, and at some points this season looked down right bad. Rainey should have a field day with a porous defense.

Wide Receivers:

Martavis Bryant, WR Pittsburgh Steelers, 21.9 percent owned (ESPN): Bryant has solidified himself as the true number two receiver opposite Antonio Brown.

The rookie caught three passes for 44 yards and two touchdowns against the Ravens on Sunday night, bringing his streak of games with at least one touchdown catch to three straight.

At this point in the season, Bryant is a must-add.

The Jets’ middle-of-the-pack defense will be no match for Big Ben, who has been lighting up defenses the past two weeks. Bryant will have another great day against a team that has underachieved all season.

Justin Hunter, WR Tennessee Titans, 18.6 percent owned (ESPN): 2014 was supposed to be a breakout year for Justin Hunter. Towards the end of the 2013 season, Hunter appeared to have found chemistry with Jake Locker.

The Locker Era is now over in Tennessee, not that it really ever started, and Zach Mettenberger is the future. In Mettenberger’s first game as a starter, he and Hunter looked to be in sync, as he hit the second year wideout four times for 31 yards and a touchdown.

Week 10 is a matchup against one of the worst pass defenses in the NFL, the Baltimore Ravens. So far this season, only six more teams have given up more passing yards. Mettenberger and Hunter will continue to have chemistry going forward.

Other options: John Brown (ARI), Robert Woods (BUF) and Allen Hurns (JAX)

Tight Ends:

Charles Clay, TE Miami Dolphins, 20.3 percent owned (ESPN): Clay caught his second touchdown pass of the season this week against the San Diego Chargers.

Ryan Tannehill continues to develop, as he is becoming one of the more consistent quarterbacks in the NFL. Players like Charles Clay have helped in his development as a passer this year.

Clay had a team-high eight targets against a Charger defense that has been great at stopping opposing tight ends all season.

This week the Dolphins are traveling to Detroit, who have been efficient against the pass, but not amazing against tight ends.

With Wallace garnering double teams, look for Clay to be Tannehill’s number one target.

Other options: Heath Miller (PIT) and Clay Harbor (JAX)

For more fantasy advice, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter at @Sidelines_Sport