Friday, July 12, 2024

Free t-shirts to Kick off MTSU’s Nontraditional Student Celebration

The June Anderson Center for Women and Nontraditional Students kicked off MTSU’s Nontraditional Student Celebration week by handing out free t-shirts to the first 100 students on the third floor of the Student Union building Monday morning.

MTSU is one of many universities across the nation who shows support and recognition of adult students during National Nontraditional Student Week, which is held the first week of November.

The June Anderson Center at MTSU provides student support services and personal development for both women students and adult students who generally work full time, are married, have children, and other adult responsibilities beyond their college experiences. The Center also sponsors several student organizations and programs that function as a support system for women and nontraditional students and conducts learning opportunities to enhance self-esteem, intellectual growth, leadership development, and appreciation of diversity, so that students may experience academic success, retention and graduation.

The t-shirt giveaway is one of many events scheduled for MTSU’s Nontraditional Student Celebration week.

Check out the schedule of events below.

Schedule of events for MTSU’s Nontraditional Student Celebration Week 2014

For more campus news, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter at @Sidelines_News.

To contact news editor Meagan White, email newseditor@mtsusidelines.com