Fantasy Football Waiver Wire Pickups: Week 13

Quarterback:

Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Minnesota Vikings – In last week’s losing effort to the Green Bay Packers, Teddy Bridgewater had perhaps his best game as an NFL quarterback. The former Louisville Cardinal threw for 210 yards, two touchdowns and an interception. He also added 32 yards on the ground.

Bridgewater hasn’t been the most consistent player over the season, but since taking over as the Vikings’ signal-caller, he has improved from week to week.

Up next are the Carolina Panthers, who have been mediocre at best against the pass. The subpar New York Jets follow soon after. Bridgewater is a great add if your starter is playing a tough defense.

Running backs:

Latavius Murray, RB, Oakland Raiders – Running back Latavius Murray was extremely important in the Raiders’ first win of the season, as he ran the ball four times for 112 yards and two touchdowns.

Murray still lost plenty of touches to both Darren McFadden and Maurice Jones-Drew, but both are clearly past their prime, and Murray should slowly garner more and more snaps from the duo.

The Raiders take on a St. Louis Rams defense that has been extremely subpar against the run, giving up over 115 yards per game. The Raiders don’t have much to lose this season, as it’s obvious they’re in a rebuilding phase.

This should help Murray’s touches out of the backfield.

Daniel Herron, RB, Indianapolis Colts – Owners of Trent Richardson were shocked last week when the Colts announced Daniel Herron would be the starter in the Indianapolis backfield. Herron didn’t disappoint, rushing for 65 yards and catching five passes for 31 yards.

The Colts have more or less given up Richardson, and will keep Herron as the starter going forward. There really isn’t any reason to hold onto Trent Richardson any longer.

Boom Herron and the Colts will take on the Washington Redskins Sunday. While Washington has been stout against the run, Andrew Luck will open things up through the air, giving Herron opportunities to gash them on the ground.

Wide Receivers:

Kenny Stills, WR, New Orleans Saints – Stills gashed the Ravens on Monday night, hauling in eight of his nine targets for 98 yards.

With rookie Brandin Cooks gone for the foreseeable future, Stills’ production shouldn’t decrease anytime soon. He was targeted more than any other Saints receiver against the Ravens, and his play showed why.

New Orleans will take on a middle of the pack Pittsburgh defense this Sunday, but play four of the bottom ten defenses in their last four weeks. Whether a standard or PPR league, Stills is a must add.

Jarvis Landry, WR, Miami Dolphins – With Charles Clay injured, Jarvis Landry was targeted a team-high 11 times on Sunday. He caught seven of those passes for 50 yards and two touchdowns.

Mike Wallace had an off night against the Broncos, and tight end Charles Clay didn’t see action. This opened things up for the rookie, as he caught a career-high two touchdown passes.

Tannehill’s top two targets won’t be shelved for long, but Landry has solidified himself as a receiving threat. With the Dolphins offense clicking, the rookie wideout shouldn’t have any problem putting up decent numbers against the struggling New York Jets.

Tight End:

Jordan Cameron, TE, Cleveland Browns – Jordan Cameron has finally been cleared to play after his latest concussion.

With several dangerous wideouts, opposing defenses will focus more on Josh Gordon and Andrew Hawkins than Jordan Cameron. Look for Cameron to be a solid number one tight end going forward.

The Bills will rely on their pass coverage to shut down the Browns’ wide receivers. This will open things up for Cameron.

For more fantasy football advice, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter at @Sidelines_Sport