Monday, February 6, 2023

George Jones Museum to Open in April

Plans for the George Jones Museum were unveiled on Monday morning in downtown Nashville.

Jones’ widow Nancy Jones announced that the museum is set to open the weekend of April 24 in honor of the second anniversary of his passing.

“On a daily basis, I hear from fans asking to hear stories about George,” Jones said. “The museum will now be able to help tell those stories.”

The museum, located at 128 Second Avenue North, will include a restaurant, a live music venue and exhibits telling the stories of George Jones’ life and illustrious country music career.

The museum will be located less than a half-mile from the iconic Ryman Auditorium, formerly the Grand Ole Opry, where Jones performed along with countless other legends. His memorial service was held in the venue after his death last year.

Along with the museum, Jones announced the production of George Jones White Lightning Moonshine, which takes its name from the Country Music Hall of Famer’s 1959 hit “White Lightning.” It will be available in stores and served in the museum restaurant.

Jones also announced that artists such as country singer Jamey Johnson have expressed interest in performing at the musem’s music venue after the April 24 opening.

Concept images for the George Jones Museum’s interior are featured below:

For more information on the George Jones Museum, click here.

Follow Assistant Lifestyles Editor Sarah Taylor on Twitter at @Sarah_Grace_22.

For more updates, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter/Instagram at @Sidelines_Life.

To contact Lifestyles Editor John Connor Coulston, email lifestyles@mtsusidelines.com.