Fantasy Football Week 7: Start ‘Ems Sit ‘Ems

By: Jim Bratton//Contributing Writer

With the first half of the 2015 NFL season nearing a close, fantasy football has been filled with great performances. It has also been filled with underachievers who thus far in 2015 have yet to play up to their full potential. Here are a few recommendations of who you should start and who you should sit in week 7:

Start Em’

Carson Palmer: Quarterback, Arizona Cardinals– One of the most consistent quarterbacks in fantasy football this season has been Carson Palmer. Last week against the Steelers, Palmer finished with 421 yards and a touchdown. With the Ravens allowing the most fantasy points to opposing quarterbacks this season, Palmer should have a very favorable matchup.

Todd Gurley: Running Back, St. Louis Rams– Todd Gurley has been on a tear the last few weeks. Against the Cardinals, Gurley finished with 19 carries for 146 yards. Against the Packers, he finished with 30 carries for 159 yards. I expect that trend to continue against the Browns this weekend.

Le’Veon Bell: Running Back, Pittsburgh Steelers– Last week, Bell only came away with 88 rushing yards against the Cardinals. Don’t let that scare you, fantasy owners. The Chiefs have allowed 14.8 fantasy points to opposing backs this season, which gives belief that Bell will have another huge week.

DeAndre Hopkins: Wide Receiver, Houston Texans– Hopkins has easily been one of the top wide receivers in fantasy this season. Last week against Jacksonville, Hopkins finished with 10 catches for 148 yards and 2 touchdowns. With the Dolphins’ defense giving up the 5th most yards to opposing receivers, I expect that Hopkins will continue to be a big threat in the passing game.

Devonta Freeman: Running Back, Atlanta Falcons– Devonta Freeman has easily been the best running back in fantasy this season, if not in the NFL. Last week, he finished with 13 carries for 100 yards and a touchdown, and has also been very active in the Falcons’ passing game. I expect that Freeman will have another big week against the Titans, a team still looking for their identity.

Sit Em’

Joe Flacco: Quarterback, Baltimore Ravens– Flacco had a pretty average game last week, finishing with 343 yards, and a pair of touchdowns. Interceptions have been a problem for Flacco this season, who had a pair last week as well. This week, he faces a Cardinals defense that has allowed the 5th fewest yards to opposing quarterbacks. I’d stay away from the quarterback this week.

Julian Edelman: Wide Receiver, New England Patriots– Julian Edelman has become one of Tom Brady’s favorite targets, and one of the Patriots’ top receivers. But, the Jets’ defense has given up the 9th fewest fantasy points to wideouts this year, a tough matchup for any receiver, especially Edelman.

Jordan Matthews: Wide Receiver, Philadelphia Eagles– Matthews has been struggling this season. Although he is the Eagles’ top target in the passing game, he only finished with 59 yards last week. This week, he faces a Panthers defense which has allowed the 5th fewest points to wide receivers. I recommend benching Matthews if better options are available.

Kendall Wright: Wide Receiver, Tennessee Titans– Speaking of struggling wide receivers, Kendall Wright has had a truly lackluster start to 2015. Last week against the Dolphins, Wright finished with a measly 34 yards. With Marcus Mariota sidelined with an MCL injury, Wright’s fantasy production will continue to be up in the air.

For more Blue Raider sports, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter at @Sidelines_Sport