Steak ‘n Shake to replace Tortilla Fresca

A new Steak ‘n Shake will replace Tortilla Fresca in the Student Union Building in January.

However, lovers of Tortilla Fresca will still have options available to them.

“We will be offering Fresca Favorites at Blue Raider Grill,” said Aramark marketing intern Victoria Shillingsford. “As a result we will be making menu changes at Blue Raider Grill.”

The decision to move in the Steak ‘n Shake was determined by focus groups and consultation with SGA beginning over a year ago, according to Shillingsford.

“If any student, faculty or staff have any menu suggestions they are more than welcome to contact us at MTdining@aramark.com,” Shillingsford said.

Construction will begin on Nov. 23.

For more campus news, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter at @MTSUSidelines

To contact Lifestyles Editor Rhiannon Gilbert, email lifestyles@mtsusidelines.com

1. Barbara Sherman
    11/20/15
    Discussion Post 4
    Media Law
    Steak ‘n Shake on Campus
    Words cannot describe how excited I am about the new Steak ‘n Shake that is about to be on campus. I have got to say, Steak ‘n Shake is a restaurant that I go to on a monthly basis, if not more. MTSU has a lot of amazing/delicious places to eat, but nothing beats a nice burger and fries on a break from these stressful classes.
    Although Steak ‘n Shake is an awesome place to eat, I would like to see more of a diversity in food at MTSU. Blue Raider grill already carries burgers and fries, so I feel like Steak ‘n Shake would just be another place for that (but better quality of course) I would have liked to have seen a restaurant that carries other food items like: Chipotle, Wing Zone, Culver’s, or something else of a different nature.
    In conclusion, the new Steak ‘n Shake that will be brought on Middle Tennessee State’s campus in the spring of 2016 will be a very good/new look for the campus. I can honestly say that a good few people that I have talked to about it, have had positive feedback. However, I would have liked to have seen a restaurant with more variety in food.