Saturday, January 28, 2023

MTSU’s Match Records to host Beat Battle Thursday

By Darrell Martin // Contributing Writer | Photo courtesy of Match Records

MTSU’s Match Records will be hosting a Beat Battle on Thursday at 7 p.m. in room 221 of the MTSU Learning and Research Center Building (LRC).

For those that do not know, Match Records is a student-run record label at MTSU. This year, eight contestants will be selected by the Match Records team to participate in the Beat Battle. Each person will be given a 60-second time frame to impress a panel of judges that hold credible positions in the music industry. Judges include MTSU alumnus and former Beat Battle champion Daniel Youngfamed 20-year-old hip-hop producer Yo G-Money and Sean Giovanni, the owner of The Record Shop Recording Studio in Nashville.

Participants will be eliminated through bracket form. The winner and runner-up will receive prizes from Match Records.

Watch our video from the 2014 Beat Battle below:

For more information on Match Records and to keep up with their events, visit their website.

For more events and updates, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter/Instagram at @Sidelines_Life.

To contact Lifestyles editor Tanner Dedmon email lifestyles@mtsusidelines.com.