Wednesday, February 1, 2023

MTSU Phi Delta Theta under investigation for alleged risk management violations

According to Phi Delta Theta’s General Headquarters, MTSU’s Phi Delta Theta chapter has been suspended and is currently under investigation by the university.

A press release issued on April 21 said the investigation began due to Phi Delta Theta allegedly violating risk management policies.

“Phi Delta Theta holds its values and Alcohol Free Housing Policy in high regard,” Director of Chapter Services Mike Wahba said in the release. “Any individual or chapter found violating our values and policies will be held accountable.”

Judicial Affairs & Mediation Services Coordinator Amanda Samsel said it is unclear how long the investigation will take. A summary of the investigation will be released by Judicial Affairs once it is complete.

The Tennessee Eta Chapter of Phi Delta Theta colonized at MTSU in December 2012 and became a recognized chapter one year later. The fraternity received the President’s Cup, an award given to the highest performing Interfraternity Council chapter, at MTSU’s 2016 Fraternity and Sorority Life awards.

To contact News Editor Amanda Freuler, email newseditor@mtsusidelines.com