Bonnaroo releases 2016 schedule

Halsey image by Andre Rowlett // Sidelines Archive | Other images by John Connor Coulston // Managing Editor

The Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival has released its 2016 schedule, which includes set times for all performing artists and other attractions.

Things kick off on Thursday with sets from Nashville natives LANY and Janelle Monae collaborator Roman Gianarthur. The This Tent stage will be the place to be for rock fans on day one, with Bully, Twin Peaks, BØRNS, Waxahatchee and The Floozies performing. Things will wrap-up with producer Cashmere over at That Tent.

On Friday, all seven music stages, the Comedy Theatre, Silent Disco and Snake & Jake’s Christmas Club Barn will all be going with a stacked lineup, to boot. The craziest period comes between 8 p.m. and 11 p.m., as J. Cole, Halsey, Tyler the Creator, Leon Bridges, M83 and Vince Staples will perform at various times across The Farm. Headliner LCD Soundsystem will hold down the traditional nighttime spot on the What Stage for a 90-minute set starting at 11 p.m. Afterwards, Tame Impala will take over the Which Stage for a two-hour  late night set, along with artists including Purity Ring, The Chainsmokers and Bryson Tiller, who will be at the tent stages.

Saturday sees performances by Chris Stapleton, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Ellie Goulding, HAIMSam Hunt and more. Pearl Jam will headline with a two-hour set at 10:15. Then starting at 12:30 a.m., the annual SuperJam performance will commence, which will feature a set of artists (unannounced as of yet) performing covers and originals with a rotating cast of collaborators.

Finally, Sunday’s schedule is a bit light for hip-hop and electronic fans, but rock and Americana fans will be pleased to see Death Cab for Cutie, Ween, Father John Misty, Third Eye Blind Jason Isbell and Kurt Vile performing. And, if you’re in to the Grateful Dead, you will be extremely pleased, as Dead & Company, the headlining act featuring Dead members and John Mayer, will close out the 15th iteration of ‘Roo with two sets between 8 p.m. and midnight on the What Stage.

You can see the full Bonnaroo 2016 schedule here.

For our full archive of Bonnaroo coverage, click here.

Follow John Connor Coulston on Twitter at @JCCoulston.

For more events and updates, follow us at ww.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter/Instagram at @Sidelines_Life.

To contact Lifestyles editor Tanner Dedmon email lifestyles@mtsusidelines.com.