MT Spare’s midnight movies continue with ‘Pulp Fiction’

Photos by Wes McIntyre / Contributing Photographer

Story by Wes McIntyre / Contributing Writer

Twenty-three years later and Tarantino’s hit “Pulp Fiction” still stands relevant, as a modest number of students braved the rainy weather at midnight Saturday to watch the cult classic.

The movie screening was held in the KUC Theater and hosted by MT Spare, continuing their series of monthly Midnight Movies.

Jonathan Ciecka, the films manager at MT Spare, was excited to show the film. Pulp Fiction fits in line with the other midnight movies shown this semester, such as Grease and Anchorman, all classics in their own regards.

George Lilly and Jordan Thomason stayed up late to watch Quentin Tarantino’s cult classic. Sidelines / Wes McIntyre)

One of the movie-goers, George Lilly, is a long-time Tarantino fan. While Pulp Fiction has been his favorite Tarantino film, Lilly expressed excitement for Tarantino’s future films.

“A lot of times, directors have their golden era,” Lilly explained. “Most directors would have long outlived that by now, but Quinten Tarantino isn’t like most directors.”

The next Midnight Movie in the KUC Theater will be Jesus Christ Superstar on April 14. (If you’re wondering, yes, that is two days before Easter). MT Spare is also hosting Free Midnight Movies at the Premiere 6 Theatre on March 23. Student IDs are required at both events.

To contact Lifestyles Editor Marissa Gaston email lifestyles@mtsusidelines.com.