Batey Farms offers fall fun with corn maze, hayrides, fire pits

Story and photo by Jessica Knoble / Contributing Writer

Just as temperatures drop and leaves change color, families are scouting the best places to partake in fall festivities, and family-run Batey Farms of Murfreesboro might be just what they’re looking for.

This weekend Batey farms kicked off a long list of upcoming festivities and events.

Batey Farms of Rutherford County sells pumpkins leading up to Halloween. (Jessica Knoble / MTSU Sidelines)

“I just love getting to know the community, seeing the kids have fun and just meeting my neighbors,” said Tiffany Striepling. Striepling knows the Batey family through church and volunteers at the ticket booth.

Offerings include pumpkins available for purchase, a pumpkin-painting tent and a corn maze. The pumpkins are displayed at the entrance of the corn maze, which is open every Friday, Saturday and Sunday through Oct. 29.

Batey Farms of Rutherford County offers a corn maze until Oct. 29, 2017. (Jessica Knoble / MTSU Sidelines)

The 6-acre-long maze is wheelchair and stroller accessible. Throughout the maze, signs correlate with a map to help guide you through, along with fun facts about agriculture.

Hayrides, featuring a scenic route of fresh countryside, offer a relaxed activity and include a handmade obstacle course consisting of tubing, hay bales and corn.

Sammy Baldwin, a freshman early childhood education major at MTSU, attended the opening night of Batey Farms’ fall festivities.

“I loved the scenery of the hayride,” Baldwin said. “The strawberry soda was so good.”

Batey Farms also hosts pig races every Saturday and Sunday. They also feature a Corn Cannon, which allows guests to aim their corn in a handmade cannon toward trucks and hay bales to see how much damage can be done. Campfires are also available for rent.

Whether it’s a sunny afternoon or a late night of s’mores and the cool country air, Batey Farms offers a unique and local experience that is one of a kind to the Rutherford County area.

For more information on Batey Farms, click here