Winterfest at Fountains at Gateway gifts Murfreesboro its first ice skating rink

Photo courtesy of Fountains at Gateway

Update: Due to inclement weather, the Fountains Plaza skate rink will celebrate its grand opening tomorrow from 1-9 p.m.

As the holidays swiftly approach, Fountains Plaza will open Rutherford County’s first outdoor ice skating rink as a part of Winterfest at Fountains at Gateway. The rink is set to open Saturday and will remain open through Jan. 3.

“We are truly delighted to introduce Winterfest at Fountains and bring outdoor ice skating to Murfreesboro,” said Scott Graby, president of Hearthstone Properties. “Fountains at Gateway was created to serve three distinctive purposes – as a corporate office campus, upscale dining and retail district and community event venue.  Winterfest is the first of many community events we look forward to hosting at Fountains.”

Winterfest will also feature themed skate nights, such as ugly Christmas sweater and Nashville Predators nights, movie nights on the rink, Christmas caroling and photos with Santa. Additionally, festive lights and holiday decorations will help set the wintertime mood.

Graby said the ice rink is also available to host corporate events, holiday parties, school spirit nights and church and youth events.

To view the Winterfest hours of operation and a schedule of activities, click here.

To contact Lifestyles Editor Tayhlor Stephenson, email lifestyles@mtsusidelines.com.

For more updates, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter/Instagram at @Sidelines_Life.