Table Talk: Love Thai Sushi is Murfreesboro’s hidden gem

Photo by Wendy Anderson / Assistant Lifestyles Editor

About 20 minutes away from MTSU’s campus lies a simple little Thai restaurant called Love Thai Sushi. A McDonald’s and Love’s gas station surround the eatery, and its location just doesn’t make a whole lot of sense. However, the fact that it’s a little out of place only adds to its charm, and it has no affect on their food.

The atmosphere at Love Thai Sushi is happy and inviting In Murfreesboro, Tenn. (Wendy Anderson / Mtsu Sidelines)

The first thing you’ll notice as you walk in is the walls, which are interestingly plastered with bright orange paint. The walls won’t be the only thing awaiting you, though, because what you’ll find next is an equally bright, friendly staff. And although the place is filled with tables and chairs, no one was there to occupy them — while I was there, at least. Instead, people steadily stopped by to pick up to-go orders. And speaking of to-go orders, this is the perfect spot to place them since they’re open until 10 p.m. each night, making it easy for customers to grab some delicious food and head home to eat it in the comfort of their own beds.

Everything inside Love Thai Sushi is clean and well organized In Murfreesboro, Tenn. (Wendy Anderson / Mtsu Sidelines)

Love Thai Sushi boasts a fairly large menu, and all their meals are made-to-order. Just as the name suggests, they offer both Thai food and sushi — the best of both worlds. Although it’s not as cheap to eat here as a fast-food chain restaurant, the prices are reasonable, considering you get plenty of food for your money.

It’s never an easy choice deciding what to order at Love Thai Sushi, but at my latest visit I chose to go with the “drunken noodles,” which were accompanied by tofu. My meal cost just under $10.

It’s important to know that you have the option as to which heat level you want your food served at. Don’t underestimate how spicy it can get, though: I genuinely enjoy spicy foods, but Love Thai Sushi takes the meaning of “heat” to a whole new level. I would recommend sampling the spice level you think you’d comfortably enjoy or getting it on the side so you can gradually add it in. Don’t be like me and order the highest heat level possible and dump the whole container of spices onto the food, because that was probably one of the biggest mistakes of my life. So unless you really think you can handle it, please, take this warning seriously, because your body will hate you if you don’t.

The food is made fresh and is delicious at Love Thai Sushi in Murfreesboro, Tenn. (Wendy Anderson / Mtsu Sidelines)

Once I placed my order, it didn’t take very long for my food to arrive. It smelled delicious, and when I finally made it home to try it my tastebuds were singing. The noodles were amazing, the vegetables tasted fresh and the tofu wasn’t soggy. It really does deserve the recognition as one of the best restaurants Murfreesboro has to offer.

Overall, my experience at Love Thai Sushi was great, and I would highly recommend you make the short journey to try it. For that reason, I’m rewarding it the full five stars.

Table Talk is a foodie’s paradise where you can find true, honest opinions on the most talked-about places in town. For more Table Talk coverage, click here.