Harry Styles and Fans Come Together Again for the Long-Awaited ‘Love on Tour’

Story and Photos by Morgan Baker | Contributing Writer

Imagine a packed sports arena full of masked up and vaccinated concertgoers. The British superstar Harry Styles performed a sold-out concert at Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, TN on Oct. 1 as a part of the long-awaited “Love on Tour.”

To attend the concerts, necessary precautions have been taken to ensure the safety of concertgoers during the COVID-19 pandemic. Such safety guidelines include proof of the COVID-19 vaccination, or a negative COVID-19 test. All attendees are required to wear a mask at all times during the events.

Concert-goers for ‘Love on Tour’

With the announcement of the continuation of “Love on Tour” from Harry Styles and his team came an official statement on all social media platforms. It read:

“We are looking forward to seeing everyone as we return to the road! Please know our band and crew will be taking every possible precaution to protect each other so we can bring the show to everyone who wants to attend and we ask you to do the same.”

The show opened with a pre-recorded message from Styles urging fans to do their part by getting vaccinated and wearing their masks.

“I’ve always thought you could tell more about a person by their eyes, anyways,” said Styles.

While the COVID-19 pandemic is still very much here and it may seem scary being in a sold-out arena standing next to thousands of strangers, the show must go on for entertainment performers. It has taken a lot to get to this moment where people are able to gather and enjoy live music once again, and Harry Styles did not disappoint.

Styles started the show with “Golden,” which is a high-energy song that really set the tone for the rest of the show. He truly is an exciting performer who knows how to hype up a crowd, during a time when they needed it most.

The former member of the popular boy band One Direction is no stranger to engaging with the audience and performing energetic songs, such as “Watermelon Sugar” and “Adore You,” and at times soothing songs, like “Sign of the Times,” along with a just as high-energy band to back him up.

Throughout the night, fans sang, danced, cried and they absolutely adored Harry Styles.

Kerrigan Monday, an attendee of the Oct. 1 concert date, has remained a dedicated fan. She has had a ticket to the concert for almost two years, through several cancellations due to the COVID-19 outbreak. She expressed just how strong of a connection Styles has with his fans and the lengths they were willing to go to see the beloved performer.

“The connection between Harry and his fans is one that is unbelievably strong,” said Monday. “His fan base was more than willing to follow any safety protocol if it meant they would feel this sense of community between fans, Harry, and his music.”

The show ended with the most high-energy song of the night and fan-favorite “Kiwi” that left the arena, filled with 20,000 people, with an explosive and satisfying encore.

Harry Styles is a dedicated artist who cares for his fan base and puts on a truly electrifying show! He will continue the U.S. leg of his “Love on Tour,” while still ensuring the safety of all during the pandemic, to the end of 2021.