Sunday, May 5, 2024

MTSU closed due to winter storms

Story by Alyssa Williams Featured Photo by Alyssa Williams MTSU announced that the university will be closed Tuesday, Jan. 16, to Friday, Jan. 19, due to inclement weather. According to an alert sent by the university, “University offices will be closed except for operations essential to public safety and service to on-campus residents.” Employees for these essential operations were told to contact their supervisors if it is too dangerous for them to commute to campus. The hazardous conditions are expected to impact morning and evening commutes. According to the National Weather Service, a winter storm warning remains in effect until 6 a.m. on Tuesday morning. There is a possibility of a total 3-6 inches of snow accumulation, which could cover the roads for multiple days. MTSU encourages students and staff to stay safe during the winter storm. Alyssa Williams is the News Editor for MTSU Sidelines. To contact News Editor Alyssa Williams and Assistant News Editor Zoe Naylor, email newseditor@mtsusidelines.com. For more news, visit www.mtsusidelines.com, or follow us on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines or on X and Instagram at @mtsusidelines.