Sunday, May 5, 2024

MTSU mechanical engineering professor Sid Sridhara dies

Featured Photo from MTSU

Story by Ethan Schmidt

Sid Sridhara, a MTSU Professor of Mechanical Engineering, died Sunday morning at age 76.

Sridhara was born on February 1, 1947. He earned his bachelor’s degree from the Bangalore Institute of Technology in 1978, a master’s degree from the Indian Institute of Technology in 1980 and a second master’s degree from the Stevens Institute of Technology in 1983 and his doctorate from Auburn University in 1991.

Ken Currie, Chair of the Engineering Technology Department, sent an email to engineering tech majors on Sunday night informing them of Dr. Sridhara’s passing.

Dr. Sid Sridhara smiles for the MTSU faculty photo. (Taken from MTSU Directory)

“His contagious smile and his deep concern for the welfare of students was a hallmark of his personality,” he wrote. “He will be deeply missed.”

According to Currie, the late professor “taught a lot of the classes relative to things like strength in materials, design of machine elements as well as dynamics… some of these other classes that are more mechanical in nature.”

Family members could not be reached for comment on Dr. Sridhara’s cause of death or funeral and memorial service information.

Alyssa Williams is the News Editor for MTSU Sidelines.

To contact News Editor Alyssa Williams and Assistant News Editor Zoe Naylor, email newseditor@mtsusidelines.com.

For more news, visit www.mtsusidelines.com, or follow us on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines or on Twitter and Instagram at @mtsusidelines.

Sign up for our weekly newsletter here.