Wednesday, May 1, 2024

Tennessee Miller Coliseum hosts 19th annual Southern Invitational Indoor Tractor and Truck Pull

Featured photo by Katherine Gorbutt

Story by Katherine Gorbutt 

MURFREESBORO, Tenn– Fans and families gathered at the Tennessee Miller Coliseum on Friday night to watch the Southern Invitational Indoor Tractor and Truck Pull, an annual event produced by Southern Motorsports. 

The Coliseum was filled with lively energy and a bit of smoke, creating an exciting atmosphere where fans of all ages were waiting for their favorite category to be up next in the pull.  

Farmers and their modified tractors were lined up to compete against other in their class to see whose tractor could pull the heaviest weight for the farthest distance, ready to rev their engines and kick up some mud. 

The Wamble family was sitting front and center to show support for Tennessee driver Jody Wamble, who was pulling in the 7000 Diesel Super Stock Class and made it into the finals of the pull. 

The family commented that they “Love to watch Wamble pull,” and that “The kids get very excited when they see their dad come out.” 

This event, while attracting competitors from near and far, still brings a small-town community feel to the crowd of fans and vendors who came out to show their support of the motorsport that has been held annually at the coliseum since 2006.  

Five classes of tractors competed on Friday night, and the 6200 Limited Light Super Stock Tractors were able to pull the farthest, with Kentucky driver Floyd Shingleton pulling 258.06 feet. 

Katherine Gorbutt is a contributing writer for MTSU Sidelines. For more news, visit www.mtsusidelines.com. Also, follow us on Facebook and Instagram @mtsusidelines, or on X @MTSUSidelines.