Grizfolk plays The High Watt in Nashville | Photo Gallery

Grizfolk
Adam Roth on guitar at The High Watt on Feb. 16, 2016. (MTSU Sidelines / Grant Massey)

Los Angeles indie rock band Grizfolk kept their fans satisfied, but still wanting more after their performance at The High Watt Tuesday night in Nashville.

After alt rock outfit Knox Hamilton opened the show, a NASA-inspired countdown introduced Grizfolk to the stage. They then started off with a floor-shaking rendition of “Into the Barrens.”

Soon after lead singer Adam Roth asked, “Are there any singers here?” They presented a rousing performance of “Bob Marley” and “Hymnals,” beckoning the to crowd sing along word-for-word.

After the entire band already left the stage, Grizfolk returned to finish their hour set with “Waking up to Giants.”

Formed in 2012 with Adam Roth as lead vocalist and guitarist, Fredrik Eriksson as guitarist and Sebastian Fritze as synth player, Grizfolk first went under the name Griz Adams. Soon after, they added Bill Delia and Brendan Willing James for drums and guitar respectively. The group changed their name to Grizfolk after the release of their first demo, “The Struggle.” After gaining popularity in the Los Angeles market and the release of their digital EP “Indian Summer,” Grizfolk was signed by Virgin records. They then followed up this success with their From the Spark EP.

The band released their first full-length album, Waking up the Giants, in January.

To see Grizfolk’s full tour schedule, visit their site.

For more stories and updates, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter/Instagram at @Sidelines_Life.

To contact Lifestyles editor Tanner Dedmon email lifestyles@mtsusidelines.com.

Previous MTSU hosts "Erasing the Stain of Colorism" discussion
Next 'Can Police Do That?' teaches students Constitutional rights during police interactions