Thursday, June 13, 2024

MTSU Reports Female Student Assaulted

An MTSU Student reported a sexual assault last night in an unidentified campus building after the first day of classes, according to a press release by the university.

The female student reported the assault to employees at Saint Thomas Rutherford hospital. Those caregivers reported the student’s allegations to MTSU police, the release said.

The student has not currently filed a report with police, the release said. No other details are currently available.

This story will be updated as more information is released.

This information has been released to student via email by the university under the Clery Act.

The Clery Act states: “the landmark federal law that requires colleges and universities across the United States to disclose information about crime on and around their campuses. The law is tied to an institution’s participation in federal student financial aid programs and it applies to most institutions of higher education both public and private. The Clery Act is enforced by the United States Department of Education,” per the Clery Center website.

Follow us at mtsusidelines.com and on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines, or on Twitter at @MTSUSidelines and @News_Sidelines.