Murfreesboro Electric experiences problem, MTSU suffers brief power outage

Sunday night at approximately 5:29 P.M., MTSU experienced a brief power outage across campus.

According to the campus News and Media Department, the Murfreesboro Electric Department experienced a problem with their East Substation. As a result MTSU’s campus was temporarily without power.

Many students in the James E. Walker library lost entire documents as a result of the outage, due to the computers being set to wipe data whenever logged or powered off.

Student media also suffered malfunctions, with MT10, the campus news station, going off the air.

The transmitter for WMTS, the campus student-run radio station went down, resulting in dead air for a brief period after power was regained.

It is yet to be determined what other systems were affected.

For more campus news follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter at @Sidelines_News

To contact News Editors Max Smith and Meagan White, email newseditor@mtsusidelines.com