Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Blue Raiders Routed by Roadrunners

The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders (5-11, 1-2 C-USA) were defeated Friday night by the University of Texas at San Antonio in a 3 set match.

Both teams played rigorously in the first set, with a score of 8-8. UTSA fought their way to a 13-12 lead and entered the first timeout at 13-13.

Much like the previous set, the second set started off slow with UTSA leading 4-2. Middle Tennessee began to creep up slowly, taking a timeout while down by half at 10-5. UTSA immediately scored after the timeout and maintained a 6-5 point lead until the set’s conclusion, with The Blue Raiders losing sight of UTSA after leading by six for the majority of the set.

UTSA led for the majority of each set and an eight point lead in the third set at 12-4 almost solidified their win. The set concluded at 25-16 with UTSA taking the win.

Middle Tennessee is up against LA Tech this Sunday at 1:00 p.m. in the Alumni Memorial Gym.

For more Blue Raider volleyball, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter at @Sidelines_Sport.