Thursday, September 28, 2023

“It’s time to start killing,” Arkansas man tells Wendy’s employee

An Arkansas man was arrested Thursday night at the Wendy’s restaurant on Old Fort Parkway after telling an employee at the drive-thru window that it was time to start killing people, according to a report from the Daily News Journal.

Richard Shultz, 58, of Little Rock, pulled up to the drive-thru window and told a staff member “he killed people for a living and that it was time to begin.”

Shultz had slurred speech and bloodshot eyes when police found him outside the restaurant and said that he had consumed several drinks earlier that evening. He denied making the threatening statements.

Shultz was arrested on counts of public intoxication, as well as for failure to appear in court on a prior charge.

He was booked in Rutherford County jail Thursday on $5,250 bond.

For more campus updates follow us on www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines, and on Twitter at @Sidelines_News

To contact news editors Max Smith and Meagan White, email newseditor@mtsusidelines.com