Wednesday, May 1, 2024

Society for Photographic Education opens exhibit at Center for the Arts

The Society for Photographic Educations (SPE) held a reception for the “Engaging Possibilities” Member Exhibit at Murfreesboro’s Center for the Arts on Thursday evening.

While the exhibit features art by amateur, student and professional photographers, the purpose is not just to display photos, but to encourage local students to learn photography, as well.

“[SPE] has really influenced me. It has showed me galleries and museums I had never seen before,” said featured photographer and MTSU alumnus Leigh Koger.  “I’m hopeful that this will appeal to students and that we’ll be able to get the interest out there”.

Another featured photographer, MTSU senior Beth Russell, said that the society is “a great way to meet photographers, earn different formats, and really understand the art”.

The “Engaging Possibilities” exhibit will be open until Oct. 25 in the Center for the Arts. The SPE will also be hosting various workshops and other photography activities though out the month.

For more information about the SPE, visit https://www.spenational.org/

To contact Lifestyles editor John Connor Coulston, email lifestyles@mtsusidelines.com