New Case of Norovirus Confirmed at Opryland Hotel

Test results have confirmed another case of norovirus at Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center.

The hotel, which had a norovirus outbreak last month, reported an increase in guests suffering from gastrointestinal symptoms, and Metro Public Health Department staff began interviewing guests Wednesday. Health department spokesman Brian Todd told The Tennessean that one stool sample tested positive for the highly contagious norovirus.

Todd said the department will continue trying to interview sick guests to try to identify a connection and hopes to collect additional stool samples for testing.

A Jan. 26 statement from public health officials determined there was no longer a threat of illness as related to the earlier outbreak and hotel staff followed all recommended steps to clean and sanitize the resort and convention center.

For more local news updates, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines, and on Twitter at @Sidelines_News

To contact news editor Meagan White, email newseditor@mtsusidelines.com