Wednesday, February 8, 2023

MTSU Alumnus Phillip Tanner to Headline Student Leadership Summit

MTSU will sponsor a Blue Raider Leadership Summit where students can learn how to help fill America’s leadership void.

The summit, given the theme “Oh! The Places You’ll Go!”, is slated for 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 7 in the Student Union ballroom, and will feature NFL player and MTSU alumnus Phillip Tanner.

Organizers say this educational opportunity will help students grasp the principles and techniques of effective leadership and network with other students.

“It will be very interactive for everyone involved,” said Jackie Victory, Director of Student Organizations and Service. “Students attending the summit will have a mix of educational sessions and group activities.”

This year, students will be able to select specific educational tracks for women or emerging leaders.

At the leadership summit, San Francisco 49ers running back Victory “will speak with our students about staying motivated when life gives you curve balls.”

The Blue Raider Leadership Summit is sponsored by the Office of Leadership and Service and co-sponsored by the Intercultural and Diversity Affairs Center, the June Anderson Center for Women and Nontraditional Students, and Fraternity and Sorority Life.

For more campus event updates, follow us www.mtusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines, and on Twitter at @Sidelines_News

To contact news editor Meagan White, email newseditor@mtsusidelines.com