MTSU wins 37 AP College Awards, ‘Sidelines’ named Best Website

MTSU students received 37 awards and two honorable mentions at the 2016 Tennessee AP Broadcast and Media Editors College Contest on Saturday in Nashville. The contest, which was held at the John Seigenthaler First Amendment Center, honors the best work in college journalism in the state of Tennessee.

Of the 37 awards, members of Sidelines won seven individual awards. In addition to individual awards, Sidelines placed first in the “Best College Website” category.

Contributors to on-campus NPR-affiliate WMOT and student-run TV station MT10 and were also recognized at the awards.

The full list of awards for Sidelines, including names of the individual winners, is below:

2016 Tennessee AP Broadcast and Media Editors Contest

View the full list of winners here.

To learn more about Sidelines, visit our website or pick up the latest print edition, available in main campus buildings.

To become involved in Sidelines, contact editor@mtsusidelines.com or come to a staff meeting Friday at 2p.m. in the Center for Innovation in Media.