Wednesday, February 1, 2023

College Night at the Frist free for students this Friday

Photo courtesy of Frist Center for the Visual Arts

Frist Center for the Visual Arts in Nashville is hosting College Night this Friday.

With a valid college ID, you can get into the event for free from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. There is free parking (while it lasts) outside the museum as well.

“College Night is designed to offer a sampling of what we have going on,” says Emily Beard, an organizer of the event.

Students can take a tour of the gallery with a “knowledgeable docent,” participate in a drawing workshop, tour the current exhibitions and watch a singer-songwriter perform in the cafe.

The Martin ArtQuest Gallery will be open from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. This is where “guests of all ages can make art,” says Beard. This includes printing, drawing, painting and more interactive art opportunities.

Students from all colleges in the Nashville area will be in attendance. According to Beard, the event is designed to be a sort of mixer for college students to socialize and meet new friends while learning more about art.

For more information, check out the Facebook event page for College Night at the Frist, or call the Frist at 615-244-3340.

To contact Lifestyles Editor Olivia Ladd email lifestyles@mtsusidelines.com.

For more updates, follow us at www.mtsusidelines.com, on Facebook at MTSU Sidelines and on Twitter/Instagram at @Sidelines_Life.