‘The Country Column’ 03/02/2017

Photo Courtesy of LiveforLiveMusic.com

Story by Tayhlor Stephenson

In case you missed anything in the country music world this week, your weekly country music news recap is right here:

In preparation for a tribute concert, Willie Nelson has teamed up with the family of the late Merle Haggard to celebrate what would have been Haggard’s 80th birthday. “Sing Me Back Home: The Music Of Merle Haggard” will take place on April 6 at Nashville’s Bridgestone Arena. In a press release, Theresa Haggard said, “Please come join me and my family at this fantastic show that Merle would be so proud of.”

The growing list of performers includes Willie Nelson, Miranda Lambert, Kenny Chesney, Dierks Bentley, John Mellencamp and many more. Ticket sales began Friday, so hurry and claim your spot to what is sure to be an unforgettable night in country music.

Country singer Chuck Wicks suffered serious injuries in a car accident on his way to New Orleans (Photo courtesy of Nash Country Daily)

On Monday country music singer and radio personality Chuck Wicks survived a car accident. He was accompanied by his two “America’s Morning Show” co-hosts, Ty Bentli and Kelly Ford, along with the show’s producer, Glen Johnson. They were on their way to New Orleans in the midst of a rainstorm when their car began to hydroplane after coming in contact with a puddle. Their car then tumbled into a water-filled ditch. No one else was involved, but if another driver had caused the crash then no doubt Wicks would need to contact a lawyer such as https://www.sherrodandbernard.com/car-accident-lawyer/ to help with the costs and trauma.

“Talk about Slow Motion. It was (as) if the world literally stopped,” Wicks shared in a Facebook post on Wednesday.

Luckily everyone is safe, but Wicks’ injuries are causing him tremendous pain. Sadly, so many others have suffered injuries due to car accidents. To get assistance with your personal injury claim, click here. In the meantime, focus on recovering in a healthy manner. With a fractured skull and a cervical vertebrae fracture, the “Stealing Cinderella” singer refused to be anything but thankful for his survival. No other drivers were involved in the incident so Wicks’ unfortunately couldn’t call a Houston car accident attorney to compensate for his injuries, but he is lucky to be in a position where he is able to make a full recovery. He considers himself lucky to have escaped both death and paralysis. With a little help from a neck brace, Wicks is now on the road to recovery.

“Be safe out there. Don’t take anything for granted,” Wicks said.

It is scary to think how easily an accident can occur that could completely change or, in a worst-case scenario, end your life. This is why it is so important to have yourself covered by a life insurance policy. If you don’t have any coverage, you might want to read this bestow review to see if that would be the right type of cover for you.

We wish Wicks and everyone else involved in the accident a quick and full recovery.

Check back next Friday for more country music news!

To contact Lifestyles Editor Marissa Gaston email lifestyles@mtsusidelines.com.